There are many concerns over the new virus called Coronavirus or COVID-19.
If you are starting to have concerns it is normal to have those feelings. It might be time to talk to a trusted adult about these concerns if you find yourself worrying a lot. Here are some things that might help.
- Most cases are mild symptoms like a cold or flu.
- We can help reduce the spread by washing our hands frequently.
- Sometimes it might be better to turn off the TV or Social Media if they are causing you to worry.
- Remember Viruses can affect anyone so please don’t blame or make fun of anyone who has gotten sick. We all have gotten a cold or flu before.
- If you find yourself worrying too much find an activity to engage your mind like a craft, a sport, go for a walk, play with your pet, or just find something fun.
Resources for Students
A BrainPop video with some Science explaining Coronavirus
Comic made into a video from NPR
Calming videos for worry and anxiety
What is Anxiety
Stress Management Strategies
Resources for Parents.
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus –Kides worry more when they’re kept in the dark. A video and article https://childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus/
Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
Coronavirus and Parenting: What you need to know now
Resources For Teachers
NPR comic made into lessons